Thursday, July 5, 2012

Frankenstein Final

And now, the rest of the story. This is the final "pitch" we presented at the end of class. I didn't get as far as I would have liked, and I think there is still a lot of work to be done, but it was a good learning experience, and got me back in the grove of things. For the final, I knew I wanted to paint something, just to show another skill set, since most everyone was working digitally. I don't think it's portfolio ready, but I wanted to show everything involved in this project. You might notice some stylistic differences in some of the sketches, because half way through the design process, our instructor told us an "art director" wanted a different look for the project. It threw some people off, but was meant to show a possible real world situation. I definitely like the more stylized/simplified versions more :)








Something that was actually really fun and I never really did, was to create a reference/mood/inspiration board. I always have reference, but I never compiled them on the same page. It's pretty interesting, trying to figure out which images have more significant value to a project and which ones to leave out. The other thing to think about, if designing for animation, is to trying to imagine who would portray/voice your character. It was really was hard in my case, trying to think of someone young enough that could express those rage of emotions. But over all, I highly recommend this, it's a great way to gather your thoughts and ideas for a project or painting.



1 comment:

Anna Luther said...

its beautiful!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!